1 pound fresh or frozen cod (halibut works too!)
1 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Gently cut the cod crosswise, so the sticks are about 3 inches long each. For 1 pound of fish, I typically get 13-15 fish sticks. (If your cod is frozen, let it thaw and then use paper towels to pat it dry).
2. Set up a “fish stick station” by putting a piece of parchment on a baking sheet, and then place a small bowl in the center. Crack the eggs into the bowl and beat for 1 minute. On the left side of the bowl, gently mix together almond flour, garlic powder, paprika and salt. On the right side of the bowl, pour the Parmesan cheese. Now you are ready to start dredging those fish sticks!
3. Take each piece of fish, and coat it in the almond flour mixture all around, then go for a dip in the eggs, and finally coat the entire stick in the Parmesan cheese. Repeat for the rest of the fish, placing them all on another baking sheet lined with parchment paper to go into the oven. Make sure none of the fish sticks are touching!
4. Bake for about 10 minutes, then put your oven on low broil, and cook the sticks for another 2-4 minutes to get crispy (but watch them so they don’t burn!).
5. Serve these with Addicting Tartar Sauce. Enjoy!
Yum! Can’t wait to make these—thank you so much!! Soooooo much healthier than the ones with all those chemicals!!
Yes! I hope they worked well for you!!!!
We lost channel 8 and really miss seeing you daily on all in indiana. You always had positive news. I’m so tired of regular news the way the world has turned with so much hate. Hope your pregnancy is going great. What u having??? You have names??? God bless and we miss you and you receipes.❤️
This haul suggested a more considered approach. Using your basic recipe on the first 7# tonight. High hopes…I think it’s gonna be tasty. Thanks for what you do here.