Delicious and filled with protein! These are a yummy treat and so easy to make. The protein powder you use will determine how much protein is in each pop. Usually they will have 15 – 17 grams of protein each. And, there is no added sugar in these pops – the sweetness should come from a stevia-based yogurt and protein powder. That makes for a very nutritious snack!
Personally, I am terrible at snacks/desserts that are too “crafty” – so these are made in no-fail simple paper cups, and after they get frozen, the cup tears easily just by cutting the top and tearing it with your fingers. They are delicious partially frozen too – like ice cream!
1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (such as Triple Zero Oikos vanilla Greek yogurt)
1/2 – 3/4 cup coconut milk (from a carton)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3-4 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
5 (3 ounce) paper cups with plastic spoons or popsicle molds
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together peanut butter, yogurt, coconut milk, protein powder, and cinnamon until you get a smooth consistency. (Start with 1/2 cup coconut milk; if mixture is too thick – depending on the type of protein powder you use – add more coconut milk).
2. Set out paper cups. Pour peanut butter mixture into each cup, filling it up to the top. Sprinkle 1-2 teaspoons of coconut on top of each cup, pressing down just a bit. Insert spoon and carefully set in the freezer making sure the handle of the spoon is sticking up. Pops should take around 3-4 hours to fully freeze.
3. When frozen, tear a corner of the paper cup and peel it away from the pop. They should come out easily. Enjoy!
– to get a swirl of peanut butter around the sides of the pop, put creamy peanut butter into a piping bag and drizzle it around the sides of the cup before pouring the mixture into cup
– another way to use the coconut is to mix it into the pop mixture, instead of pressing it on top
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 4 hours, 5 minutes
Serving size: 1 pop
Recipe makes: 5 pops (in 3 ounce cups)