1 medium ripe frozen banana
2 tablespoons unsweetened cashew butter
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon chopped dried goji berries
1 teaspoon chopped pistachios
1 teaspoon dried unsweetened coconut flakes
1 teaspoon hemp hearts
1 teaspoon cacao nibs
1. In a blender or food processor, add all ingredients and pulse until they are completely blended and smooth. Smoothie will be super thick! Pour into a bowl.
2. Sprinkle on top of the bowl: chopped pistachios, goji berries, coconut flakes, hemp hearts, and cacao nibs (or any dried superfood you enjoy). Other sprinkles you could include are diced dried papaya, dried kiwi, and dried mango. Enjoy!
– dried goji berries are bright red, chewy and sweet. They are also called the wolfberry & come from a shrub that’s native to China. They are super-high in antioxidants. You can find them in most stores now!
– hemp hearts have a nutty taste and are easy to sprinkle on anything! They are high in protein and plant-based Omega-3s.
– cacao nibs are chopped pure cocoa beans. They have a rich, deep taste! If you didn’t have these, just use a little bit of chopped dark chocolate.
Recipe makes: 2 small bowls
Nutrition Facts per bowl:
Calories 245, Total Fat 11.0 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 2.5 g, Monounsaturated Fat 5.6 g, Cholesterol 0.0 mg, Sodium 75.0 mg, Potassium 500.5 mg, Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g, Dietary Fiber 3.5 g, Sugars 7 g, Protein 17.5g