12 ounces whole grain bow tie pasta
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed or sliced
1 1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed (into 1/2 inch cubes) – about 3 cups in all
4 handfuls kale, torn
3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons water or broth
2 tablespoons honey
2 small cloves garlic
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 6
- Cook bow tie pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat to medium. Add squash and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Sauté butternut squash until seared on each side, and fork tender.
- Respray pan. Add onion, chicken breast, and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Sauté until chicken is browned. Lower heat, add kale and toss. Add pasta and pine nuts. Turn off heat.
- In a small bowl or cup, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, water, honey and salt. Grate in garlic, whisking until smooth.
- Pour sauce over pasta and toss. Add feta to Balsamic Bowtie Pasta and serve.